meta content='GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED' name='description'/> GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED: Alali Hart Robbed By Her Security Man

Saturday 8 December 2012

Alali Hart Robbed By Her Security Man


Four robbery suspects have reportedly told the police how they robbed Alali Hart, a woman who runs a boutique, of N431,000 cash and other properties worth N5.3 million at Oniru Road, Oniru Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.

The four suspects, Amos Osang, 21, Nduka Okafor, 23, Ndi Johnson, 22 and Clement Odey who was a security guard like the first suspect, allegedly committed the offence on 5 November, 2012.
 


The first suspect, according to the police at the Bar Beach Division, Victoria Island, Lagos, was arrested along with his accomplices by an anti-robbery team on stop and search mission, led by Inspector Kabiru Lawal on 5 November 2012 at Eko Hotel roundabout, Victoria Island. They were nabbed at about 9:30 p.m inside a Lagos private taxi.

Items recovered from them include, N431,000, five GSM phones, Samsung laptops, assorted jewelry, wrist watches, necklaces, gold bangles, rings and a torch light, all valued at N5,340,000.

During interrogation at the station, all the suspects allegedly confessed that they were the robbers who raided Oniru Estate, Victoria Island on the day.

In his confessional statement to the police, ring leader and mastermind of the robbery attack, Amos Osang, a former security guard to their victim said “it is true that I recruited my colleagues to help in robbing my former boss to enable me raise sufficient money to start a new life after I was sacked.

“When my former employer posted me to the woman’s house to work, she was very nice and kind to me and other securitymen. But when I was sacked for stealing, the devil entered into me and led me to rob her. I discussed my feelings with my friend, Nduka Okafor, who was recently freed from prison and appealed to him to assist me to rob her. He agreed to participate in the robbery, with a promise to give me money if we succeeded.’’

He said on the day of the incident, the gang invaded the place with knives and dangerous weapons and the security man on duty, Clement Odey, who was aware of the whole plan opened the gate for them.

‘‘We carried out the robbery, but in trying to make good our escape, we ran into the police who arrested us. I regret hurting my former boss because she was very nice to me when I worked with her. I pray that God may forgive me,” he was quoted as telling the police.

After investigation by Sergeant Nurudeen Lawal, all the suspects were arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrate’s Court on a two-count charge of armed robbery.

The plea of the accused persons was, however, not taken as the court lacks the jurisdiction to try the matter. The presiding Magistrate, W. B. Balogun ordered that they be remanded at Ikoyi Prison pending advice from the Director of Public Prosecution, DPP. He adjourned the matter till 7 January, 2013 for hearing.

Source: Pm News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Post(s)