meta content='GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED' name='description'/> GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED: Princess Adeola Ogunwusi: “How My Father Becoming Ooni Has Changed My Life”

Monday 28 December 2015

Princess Adeola Ogunwusi: “How My Father Becoming Ooni Has Changed My Life”



Last week, City People spoke to Princess Adeola Aanuoluwapo Ogunwusi, the pretty daughter of the new Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi. She is 21, and a graduate of Warwick University. She is currently doing her Masters programme at the University College, London in Urban Economic Development. Her dad gave birth to her when he was 19 and since then, both father and daughter have had a deep bond.

Now see interview excerpts:

Princess Adeola Aanuoluwapo Ogunwusi still cannot believe the sudden transformation of her father’s life from being a Prince to a King. Imagine this. Her dad visited her in school in July and he spent quality time with her. He then returned to Nigeria only to hear a few weeks later that her dad had become the new Ooni of Ife. How did she take the news of her dad becoming the new Ooni, she was asked.

“To be honest I didn’t really understand what was going on” she explained.” It all happened too fast.

You know before my dad was announced as the Ooni of Ife, he was at my graduation ceremony in July and everything was still pretty normal. By normal I mean nothing much had changed with my family since I last saw them. Then next thing I know, my dad is the Ooni of Ife and now I guess my definition of normal is about to change.” She seems to enjoy a close bond with her dad. 



More after the cut..................................
 




How does she feel having such a father that cares?
“Yeah my dad and I are close, it’s easy you know because he’s really cool and he just gets it. I couldn’t have asked for a better parent. He’s the best”.


What sort of a dad is he?
He’s like a permissive and authoritative dad. So while he allows me to express myself freely, he also values discipline.”

Where was she born? Where did she grow up? Where did she school?
“I grew up in Ibadan, lived there until I was 14 then I moved to Lagos. I completed my Primary and Secondary School education in Ibadan. I attended Ronk New Age Nursery and Primary School, Livingstone College and United Missionary Comprehensive College (UMCC). After secondary school I got an admission into American University of Nigeria (AUN) but I was only there for a year then I moved to England. I completed my foundation at Warwick University, Bachelor’s degree at the university of Manchester and now, I am currently doing my masters at University College, London.

”What are the lessons her dad taught her?
My dad taught me that when you combine hard work with humility, you will go places.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Post(s)