meta content='GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED' name='description'/> GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED: 'Frank Edoho and I Shouldn't Have Married' - Katherine Obiang

Tuesday 27 August 2013

'Frank Edoho and I Shouldn't Have Married' - Katherine Obiang

Frank Edoho and Katherine Obiang were married for many years, and blessed with three kids, before things fell apart.
Frank Edoho and Katherine Obiang were married for many years, and blessed with three kids, before things fell apart.

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ host Frank Edoho is still legally married to estranged wife, Katherine, who told NET last week that the pair should never have become husband and wife. Katherine Obiang, who has three kids for the TV host spoke to our correspondent in a compelling interview how the 7-year old marriage should never have been and how the couple should have rather stayed friends. Excerpts:

Let us into your background.
I’m Cameroonian. My dad is from Cameroun, my mom is from the Efik tribe in Nigeria, but somehow, we have been living there and here. My mom was a Head of Department in a tertiary institution, it was natural that we lived in Nigeria. I have no sister but brothers as siblings and even my aunt had only boys as kids, so I grew up among boys. I had different influences. We travelled a lot and to an extent, the experience helped shape who I am and how I see things. It was generally an OK childhood.




How did you start your journey in Nigerian media?
It was during my one-year internship. I was working with the account section of a radio station and one day, the programme manager called me and asked me to read something for him, after which he asked if I had thought of doing something on radio. I gasped but because I am always up for a challenge, I said yes when he asked if I was interested. I used to script everything I said so I can sound interesting and gradually, I grew into it.

And how are your kids taking the whole divorce issue?
We are not really divorced. It’s still a work-in-progress kind of thing but we are taking it well. When its time for him to see the children, he does and when its time to return them, he does. On my part, I have carried the children along and make them understand they are not stained because of it. I wouldn’t want them to develop a complex because of it. We didn’t design for these things to happen but they do. Its like people who have lost their parents, they didn’t plan for it but they have to move on. I watch them and I think they are doing pretty okay especially because we talk about it every time there is a reason to.

You mentioned that you aren’t really divorced. Does that suggest possibility of reconciliation?
No, it doesn’t. We just started the process but there isn’t any hope for reconciliation. We know we would always be in each other’s lives because of the children, so we have to be civil. When the children are getting married for example, we have to hide our differences and make it work.
READ MORE:  http://news.naij.com/45105.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Post(s)