meta content='GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED' name='description'/> GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED: Court stops FG from renaming UNILAG

Monday 25 June 2012

Court stops FG from renaming UNILAG

 
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Monday granted an interim order restraining the Federal Government from renaming the University of Lagos.

The order was granted by Justice Stephen Adah, who was ruling in the suits brought against the May 29, 2012 renaming of the institution by the students and alumni of the University of Lagos.

The court, however, advised the litigants to harmonise the suits into one and adjourned further hearing till July 4.

The defendants in the suits are UNILAG, the UNILAG Governing Council, the UNILAG Senate, the Attorney-General of the Federation and the National Assembly. President Goodluck Jonathan had last month renamed the University of Lagos after the late businessman and acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, MKO Abiola.



CLICK HERE TO READ MORE 

1 comment:

  1. Greetіngs from Carolіna! I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the info you present here and can't wait to take а look when I gеt home.
    I'm shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm nοt even using WIFІ,
    јust 3G .. Anyhоω, fantastiс site!


    Feel frеe to suгf to my web sіte natural yeast treatment

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Post(s)