meta content='GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED' name='description'/> GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED: BEST SELLER- The Devil Who Loved Me (Cont'd)

Sunday 9 November 2014

BEST SELLER- The Devil Who Loved Me (Cont'd)

I wasn’t sad about the break-up, being single was something I felt was right for me at this moment in time. Moreover, the student union government elections were around the corner, Abayomi wanted to be the President and had approached me to be his vice. Not like I agreed with all his policies or was really crazy about being elected, I saw it as an opportunity to do something’s differently, another icing in the cake is that no igbo-girl had been the vice-president of the school. I liked breaking bounds.

Checking my phone as I got home, I saw 22 missed calls from my Acho, 1 from my dad, and some bbm and whatsapp messages. I called my dad.

Me: goodevening daddy

Dad: evening dear, how are you?

Me: I am fine, I got the alert, thank you.

Dad: when are you coming home? It’s been two months since we saw you, abi lagos they bite you?

Me: dad, you know exams starts in 2 months, I can’t miss any lectures now.


READ MORE AFTER THE CUT.......................................


 

Dad: this has to do with that election abi, your sister told me. Why not just focus on your studies? Remember your school is in the southwest, you don’t stand a chance.

Me: I also know I am a student of the school, with all the qualifications to run for electable positions.

Dad: I hear it’s very violent during elections, cultists and all

Me: I am not a cultist so they have no problem with me.

Dad: okay o, hold on for your mother..

Mum: Tana, my dear..how are you?

Me: I am good mum.

Mum: how are your studies, what of Acho?

Me: studies is good, I and Acho have broken-up.

Mum: what happened? I like that boy o..very respectful.

Does Yewande’s mum utter the same rubbish wherever she is? I thought to myself

Me: I just wanna focus on school now, boys have too much wahala

Mum: that’s good my dear, make sure you go for mass too, only degrees won’t take you to heaven o.

Me: I know ma..mum I have to go now, my indomie is burning.


I felt a pinch of guilt for lying to her, but I had to. She could talk on the phone for hours, I wasn’t in the mood for that now.

I went to the kitchen to make myself some creamy lunch made of cereals when my phone rang, I made up my mind to ignore the call if it was my mum. That woman can worry somebody ehn…
It was Abayomi.

Abayomi: We are to meet some people for fundraising this evening, please you have to be there.

Me: where?

Abayomi: Babis

Me: okay, I will be there boss.

Abayomi: you can bring your boyfriend.

Me: you mean Yewande’s boyfriend.

Abayomi: I don’t understand.

Me: he was bleeping her at my back

Abayomi: that guy ehn, people can be silly o..how can he cheat on somebody like you. If you had agreed to date me when we were in 100 level, all this rubbish.

Me: how is Toun my friend? I am sure you would never cheat on her

Abayomi: never..now that you are single…

Me: how is Kofo?

Abayomi: why are you asking me about Kofo?

Me: because I know you have been bleeping her behind your girlfriend.
Abayomi: chai, who told you?

Me: I have my sources

Abayomi: me and Kofo are just close friends, you know she helps with our campaign?
Me: by bleeping everybody to vote for us?..loooolz

Abayomi: you know I hate you abi?

Me: I know Abayomi, but its only me that tells you the truth. Toun is my friend, if you don’t call it quits with kofo A.K.A universal charger, I will tell Toun.

Abayomi: you are mean, mean as hell!

Me: I know sugar, that’s why I am your padi-padi

Abayomi: carry your wahala dey go…see you tonight, don’t be late o..
Me: aii bro.. muah

Abayomi: yeye girl.

Abayomi was my best friend; I could do almost anything for him. We almost dated while in 100 level, but he was too serious with school and politics…I liked him because ultimately he was a good guy at heart, had a G.P.A that could make your parent disown you and adopt him and he was kind.

I was surprised when he had insisted I be his vice for the elections. I didn't think I had the pre-requisites. I am igbo, I don’t have many friends, I was relatively young at 21, I hadn't ever showed interest in politics. But he had insisted that I would help him swing all the non-Yoruba votes to our camp, because most of them wanted a voice at the government. He also said I was the only one he could trust.

Our opponents was radical figure, his nick-name was National, he had been class-rep of his department since I could remember, he was liked by lecturers and was a good orator. I doubted our chances of defeating him but I had to stand by Abayomi.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Post(s)