meta content='GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED' name='description'/> GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED: Fire Razes 150 Spare Parts Shops in Trinity Apapa

Monday 10 June 2013

Fire Razes 150 Spare Parts Shops in Trinity Apapa

Spare parts market, Trinity, Apapa

Tragedy struck on Sunday at  the Trinity Spare Parts Market in the Olodi Apapa area of Ajegunle, Lagos, as no fewer than 150 shops, including their materials, were consumed by an inferno.

 It was believed that the fire was caused by an electrical power surge  in one of the shops at a section of the plaza some minutes after 3pm.

The infreno started from a shop on the ‘B’ line of the market few minutes after the Power Holding Company of Nigeria,  restored power to the shopping complex.


Another picture after the cut




Some of the affected trader expressed shock at the mid-Sunday fire.

They lamented the extent of the destruction, adding that for them to get back to business, the governmentr would need to assist them.

 A distressed trader,  Mr. Izuchukwu Agwu,  said, I am finished. As you are seeing me here, I have lost everything I have to this fire incident.

“Unless something is done, I am heading back to the village and you know what it means – suicide. I sleep in my shop and I have no other business here.”

He added, “I was lucky not to have been in there when the fire started. Who knows, I might have been burnt. Now, what else do I have? I am heading back to the village tonight.”

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Post(s)