meta content='GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED' name='description'/> GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED: Pastor Chris Okotie Bans Journalist From Attending His Church

Friday 8 February 2013

Pastor Chris Okotie Bans Journalist From Attending His Church


The journalist is Biodun Kupoluyi, the publisher of E24/7 Magazine. He is alleging that the senior pastor of Household of God, Chris Okotie, has barred him from attending his church after he wrote a story alleging that Rev Okotie is dating anundergraduate named Miss Naomi Hoffman. (See the story above) Biodun is an off/on member of Household of God. 
 
He granted an interview to Encomium magazine this week, telling his side of the story. 
 
See it below...
 
 I received the news from a man claiming he's representing the church that he has been directed by the pastor of the church and members of Household of God church that I should not come and worship with them. His reason, he said, was premised on E24-7 magazine's expose - pastor Chris finds new love, says I will not get married again, but may opt for surrogacy soon . 
 
 
I found it shocking that a day after the publication hit the streets, his media department sent a release out and it confirmed our story. He actually made those statements and we reported it. I think he did not think anybody could have known about his romance with the girl, Naomi. He was caught off guard..but as a journalist, I owe our teeming readers that responsibility. I feel fulfilled, though I will miss his theatrics, his stage performances and verbosity. My perception of the church and my respect for the man has changed. He is not a serious preacher of the gospel. The job of a good shepherd isto seek a lost sheep, not to ban a sheep or send away a sheep from the fold. It is only in our environment that these kind of things happen. Because I worship in a church, I can't write the story of the pastor even if the pastor is doingwhat is wrong? But the pastor and the church will hail me if I praise him or do a PR story for them. Despite the ban, if journalistic duties calls I will go there.In fact we were there the following week after I was barred.  It was the week he claimed Christians can do tattoos and plasticsurgery. We went with a whole crew, looking forward to a show down. I'm afree citizen. I can not be cowed. And I stand by my story on Naomi. 
 
That is not disputable!

2 comments:

  1. Many are called but a few are chosen....it's not everyone that calls Lord! Lord! that would be saved...test the spirit and see if it's from Me...
    Pastor Okotie has courted so much controversies to be taken seriously as a man of God...romance with Roli Adeniyi(Bode George's mistress),his failed second marriage etc..is his own bible doctrines different from the one other great men of God read?
    He should just desist from dragging the body of Christ through the mud else he faces the wrath of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the admin of this web page is in fact working hard for his web page, as here every data is quality based stuff.


    Take a look at my weblog - natural cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Post(s)