meta content='GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED' name='description'/> GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED: Bishop Oyedepo- Covenant University Was Built With No Collection of Offering, Donation or Tithe

Sunday 9 December 2012

Bishop Oyedepo- Covenant University Was Built With No Collection of Offering, Donation or Tithe


The General Overseer of the Winners’ Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo has replied critics who accuse him of living a flamboyant life with funds generated by his church.

Oyedepo reportedly opened up on Friday at the Shiloh 2012 saying the last time he received remuneration from the church was 25 years ago, he said he has maintained that stance since then.

According to him: “The last time Church paid my salary was December 1987, nobody heard it, not even the Ministers in the church until 1997 and church members didn’t hear this until 2007.



“In January of 1988 my wife asked me of money for feeding and I told her I had given my salary to God, and that was the last time she ever had to ask for feeding till date.”

The bishop went further to inform attendees of the programme that the Covenant University, which is owned by the church, was built in 7-months without receiving offering, tithes, or donation of any kind.

“Covenant university was built within 7 months without any collection of any one Naira tithes and offerings or donation of any kind from anywhere.

“I have personal accountants managing funds from my businesses so that I don’t miscalculate my tithe,” he explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Post(s)