meta content='GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED' name='description'/> GOSSIP, GISTS, EVERYTHING UNLIMITED: FOOTBALL- Fabrice Muamba Retires From Football

Wednesday 15 August 2012

FOOTBALL- Fabrice Muamba Retires From Football



For those that does not know him, he was the the Bolton Wanderer's player who suffered a cardiac arrest during an FA Cup tie  against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart lane in March and was clinically dead for more than an hour.

The 24 years old footballer has finally decided to quit the game that brought him fame and fortune.

See his statement below 

“Since suffering my heart attack and being discharged from hospital, I have remained utterly positive in the belief I could one day resume my playing career and play for Bolton Wanderers once again.

“As part of my on-going recovery, last week I travelled to Belgium to seek further medical advice from a leading cardiologist.

“But the news I received was obviously not what I had hoped it would be and it means I am now announcing my retirement from professional football.

“Football has been my life since I was a teenage boy and it has given me so many opportunities.

"Above all else, I love the game and count myself very lucky to have been able to play at the highest level.

“While the news is devastating, I have much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Post(s)